Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pancetta Wrapped Asparagus

Stalks of as broken at ends but kept long
pancetta (one piece for every piece of asparagus)
parmesan or asiago cheese

Boil water and drop asparagus in water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and place in cold water to stop stalks from cooking. Dry off. Shred your parmesan or asiago cheese. I used asiago and it was super yummy. I just like it better. Wrap one piece of pancetta around each stalk of asparagus, with the shredded cheese going in-between the pancetta and the asparagus. Make sure the pancetta is tight and place seam side down on baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees until the pancetta is cooked (10-15 min), and it's starting to brown just a big. Serve HOT.

These are SUPER tasty. I didn't even know I liked asparagus until I tried these! The original recipe called for prosciutto, but the store was out. I grabbed the pancetta instead and was SO happy I did. It took it to a higher level!

No comments:

Post a Comment