Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Shepherd's Pie

(Measurements are approximate. I don't measure... I just add in)

2 lbs. ground beef (or turkey)
1 onion, diced
4 packets brown gravy (prepared)
1 bag frozen mixed veggies (carrots and peas only)
.5 package of frozen green beans
1 small can sliced mushrooms
2 TBS. tomato paste
Salt & Pepper to taste
Prepared Mashed potatoes (8-10 servings. I use instant... but homemade would be great)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Brown ground beef and drain off fat. Saute onion, and add ground beef back in bowl. While browning meat, in separate pot, heat veggies till soft and cooked through. Make gravy (in another pot). When veggies, gravy, and meat/onions are done, add all of them together. Mix in tomato paste and mushrooms. Put in bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Cover with mashed potatoes and sprinkle cheese. Bake at 375 till edges bubble.

Makes a lot. Next time I make it, I'm going to put it into 2 square pans instead of the 9 x 13. Then I'll only make half the potatoes, and freeze the meat mixture for future use. You could also just half the recipe. It would be easy to do. It's very filling and yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment