Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Autumn Pork Roast

Autumn Pork Roast 3-4 lb pork roast salt and pepper 1 cup cranberries - finely chopped 1/4 c. honey 1 tsp grated orange peel 1/8 tsp ground cloves 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg Sprinkle roast w/ salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5. This is what I did different: I only had a 1 lb roast (I buy regular sized roasts and cut them into approx 1 lb so it's not so much meat for us). I followed the directions for the sauce except I added a cup of chicken bullion since I thought it would be too sweet. I added a couple tablespoons of orange juice concentrate since I didn't have any regular oranges for the orange peel (another reason I thought it would be too sweet :P ). I also scrubbed some sweet potatoes put them unpeeled into the slow cooker to cook with the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment