4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
* Cooking spray
* 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 medium)
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup uncooked Arborio or other medium-grain rice
* 3/4 cup dry white wine
* 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* Dash of saffron threads
* 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
* 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp from pan; set aside and keep warm.
2. Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
3. Add broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total). Stir in cilantro, saffron, and spinach with the last 1/2 cup broth. Add shrimp and cheese, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
11.7g (sat 4.6g,mono 4g,poly 1.4g)