Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bacon Cheese Chicken

--2 T olive oil
--4-6 chicken breast halves, or equivalent bird pieces (I used 8 breast tenders)
--1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (I used Tamari's wheat-free that I found at Whole Foods)
--1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
--1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
--12 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
The Directions.
Put the 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the bottom of your crock and spread it around. If you are using thighs or fattier cuts of meat, this step is probably optional.
Put the chicken in the crock on top of the oil.
In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce and the ranch dressing. I kept tasting this---the flavor is so bizarre and tasty; I've never had anything like it.
Pour sauce over the top of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. The cooking time will depend on how thick your chicken pieces are, and if they are fresh or frozen.
Since I used the tiny breast tenders (frozen) our dinner cooked in only 3 hours on high.
Take chicken out of crock pot and lay on a serving plate. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Microwave or pop in oven to melt. I used "real" bacon bits--both Hormel and Oscar Meyer make them. Found by salad dressing.
(The recipe calls for adding the cheese and bacon on top of the chicken and cooking it in the crock pot. I didn't like this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment